Monday, February 20, 2012

Wedding Shoes

 
 The exercise was to re-shoot an existing photo of a pair of wedding shoes. After trying to get the lighting and shadows right I decided on 1 soft box with the diffuser on and had it low to the ground in the upper left corner angled down and facing the left shoe. This helped to give me some dark showers on the right shoe which I needed if I was to recreate the shot of the yellow shoes and shadows. I used a 18-50 2.8 lens. The angle of the shoes were considered to achieve the over all coverage in the sample pic and I used a darker grey background since the shoes were darker than the sample shot and felt it complimented the shoes better than anything lighter. I was standing over the shoes. Even though I didn't have the exact shoes I feel I did a good job at recreating the shot.

One thing to remember is that if I was shooting this at a actual wedding shoot I'd probably only have minutes.... I took a bit longer than that to do this shot. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those wedding shoes are really beautiful and unique. I love it! Thanks for sharing this to us.

    ReplyDelete